To begin this Wedding Word Search, click the Small, Medium, or Large link or PLAY GAME button under the picture at left. This opens the game in a pop-up window.
Then click the "Start" button and start solving.
Try this wedding-theme word search in honor of that special day. Word search puzzles train concentration and memory.
Wedding Word Search Instructions
Note: To print this puzzle, click the "Printable Version" link above. You have my permission to copy and distribute the puzzle as long as you keep the copyright notice at the bottom of the page in place.
HOW TO PLAY. As with all word searches, the objective of the Wedding Word Search is to find the words hidden in the puzzle. The words you need to find are listed to the right of the word search.
When you find a word, drag the letters of the word with your mouse. This places a blue line through the word, and the word is removed from the list.
If you need some help, click the "Hint" button. This causes the first letter of one of the words in the puzzle to flash repeatedly. You can only use the Hint feature one time, however, so save it for when you really need it.
WEDDING TRIVIA. Here are a few interesting wedding customs from around the world that you may not have heard of (from Wikipedia):
- In Nigeria, in west Africa, a husband never uses his wife's name. Only relatives and the women's own children are allowed to use the name her father gave her and it is only unmarried girls who may be called by name. So to learn a married woman's name, one has to ask her husband the name of her father, and use that.
- In smaller French towns, the groom may meet his fiancee at her home on the day of the wedding and escort her to the chapel where the ceremony is being held. As the couple proceeds to the chapel, children will stretch long white ribbons across the road which the bride will cut as she passes.
- In Greece, two or three days before the wedding, the couple organizes a celebration called Krevati (Greek for bed) in their new home. In Krevati, friends and relatives of the couple put money and young children on the couple's new bed for prosperity and fertility in their life. After the custom, they usually have a party with food and music.
- In some parts of Italy, a party, known as a Serenade, is thrown outside of the bride's home by the groom. His family and friends come and wait for the bride, entertaining themselves until she appears. The groom then sings to his bride to further seduce her. Once his song is sung, the party ends.
- Scotland is a popular place for young English couples to get married since, in Scotland, parents' permission is not required if both the bride and groom are old enough to legally be married (16).
I really enjoy word search puzzles. I hope you had fun with this Wedding word search!
Game distributed by Subtangent.com. Used with Permission.
You May Also Like
If you found the page above interesting, fun, or useful, please click the "Like" and/or "Share" button below. Feel free to leave a comment as well. Thanks very much!