Wedding Word Search - Free Puzzle
Try this Wedding word search in honor of that special day. Word search puzzles train concentration and memory.
To begin, click the Small, Medium, or Large link, or HTML5/Mobile link under the picture at left. This opens the game in a pop-up window.
The HTML5/Mobile version works on desktop computers and tablets. Rather solve on paper? Printable Version
Wedding Word Search Instructions
For more free printable word search puzzles on various themes, please visit my Word Search Printables page.
HOW TO PLAY. As with all word searches, the objective of the Wedding Word Search is to find the words hidden in the puzzle. The words you need to find are listed to the right of the word search.
When you find a word, drag the letters of the word with your mouse. This places a blue line through the word, and the word is removed from the list.
If you need some help, click the "Hint" button. This causes the first letter of one of the words in the puzzle to flash repeatedly. You can only use the Hint feature one time, however, so save it for when you really need it.
WEDDING TRIVIA. Here are a few interesting wedding customs from around the world that you may not have heard of (from Wikipedia):
- In Nigeria, in west Africa, a husband never uses his wife's name. Only relatives and the women's own children are allowed to use the name her father gave her and it is only unmarried girls who may be called by name. So to learn a married woman's name, one has to ask her husband the name of her father, and use that.
- In smaller French towns, the groom may meet his fiancee at her home on the day of the wedding and escort her to the chapel where the ceremony is being held. As the couple proceeds to the chapel, children will stretch long white ribbons across the road which the bride will cut as she passes.
- In Greece, two or three days before the wedding, the couple organizes a celebration called Krevati (Greek for bed) in their new home. In Krevati, friends and relatives of the couple put money and young children on the couple's new bed for prosperity and fertility in their life. After the custom, they usually have a party with food and music.
- In some parts of Italy, a party, known as a Serenade, is thrown outside of the bride's home by the groom. His family and friends come and wait for the bride, entertaining themselves until she appears. The groom then sings to his bride to further seduce her. Once his song is sung, the party ends.
- Scotland is a popular place for young English couples to get married since, in Scotland, parents' permission is not required if both the bride and groom are old enough to legally be married (16).
I really enjoy word search puzzles. I hope you had fun with this Wedding word search!
Last Updated: 06/11/2020