Reversi is a well designed internet reversi game. Play this HTML5 game single-player against the computer or multiplayer against real people.
In multiplayer, play a friend on the same computer, a friend on two different computers, or Quick Match against random opponents.
To begin, click the Small, Medium, or Large link under the picture at left. This opens the game in a pop-up window.
This game does not require the Adobe Flash Player. It should run in all modern browsers.
Jump over your opponent's chips to capture the chips that lie between yours. Your goal is to own more pieces than your opponent when the game ends.
If you like this game, you might also enjoy the Proximity strategy game. Note: Only the Medium size window is available for this game.
HOW TO PLAY. Players take turns. When neither player can move the game is over. The side who owns more chips at the end wins.
This internet Reversi game is deceptively simple. However, until I read up a little on Reversi strategy, I found that on the "Normal" difficulty setting I lost to the computer every time!
There are several important considerations when planning your strategy in Reversi:
(1) Corners. Because they are immune to flipping (no opposite color behind them), corner positions often make good anchors.
(2) Mobility. Think of ways to restrict your opponent options. That's one way to eventually force them into making a poor move.
(3) Edge Play. Often the edges can anchor flips that affect the entire board. Play edges where the opponent can't easily respond to limit their moves.
(4) Parity. This means getting the last move in any empty area in the end game. Parity also relates to how edge positions are played and how edges interact.
(5) Endgame Play. The last 20 moves are the end game. These moves are critical and can quickly change a winning Reversi game to a losing game and vice versa.
You might know Reversi as the game Othello. These are just two different names for the same game.
Here is some interesting background information about this game from Wikipedia:
This game is fun to play and helps train concentration and strategic thinking skills. I hope you enjoyed playing this internet Reversi / Othello game!
Last Updated: 06/11/2020
If you found the page above interesting, fun, or useful, please click the "Like" and/or "Share" button below. Feel free to leave a comment as well. Thanks very much!