Herbs for 50% memory improvement
by Linda Woodcock
(Oregon City, Oregon, USA)
John Tesh was talking about improving your memory with this Herb, but by the time I got home and unloaded the groceries I couldn't remember what the name of the Herb was.
Was hoping you would give a complete list and maybe it would ring a bell.
Obviously I am in need of this Herb,
Thank you for your time and consideration.Doug's Reply:
Several herbs come to mind, including sage, rhodiola rosea, and ginko biloba.
But it's funny you should mention John Tesh, because I actually have one of his YouTube videos posted on my site, in which he says that the herb Sage
makes your mind work faster.
You can watch it on my Quick Memory Tips
page. He also gives several other memory improvement tips in the segment (it's only about a minute and a half).
But there are other memory-related plants and herbs, too, such as Bacopa Monnieri (an Asian herb), Huperzine A (a Chinese moss, actually), Lion's Mane Mushroom, and Vinpocetine (an extract of the Periwinkle plant) that you might want to consider.
These and more are described on my Vitamins for Memory
Herbal supplements are actually low on my list of recommendations for improving memory. You'll get better results if you:
- Exercise aerobically several times a week (stimulates growth of new cells in the memory area of the brain)
- Get sufficient restful sleep (consolidates daily memories)
- Practice mindfulness meditation (improves concentration)
- Take fish oil (for the healthy fats that your brain cells are made of)
- Play brain games often (proven to prevent mental decline)
- Stay organized with day planners, etc.
- Use memory techniques (best way to memorize information)
All these tips are discussed in detail on this website. I hope that helps!
If you found the page above interesting, fun, or useful, please click the "Like" and/or "Share" buttons below. Feel free to leave a comment as well. Thanks very much!