Lifelong memory and imagination problems
I am really tired of my memory problems... My problems are:
1) I forget very quickly even next second. I don't remember any instructions given to me. I struggle to recall what was told to me.
2) My brain functions very slowly, i.e to recall any thing even names, events, etc, it takes even hours... it happens commonly & causing a lot of frustration, sadness & loosing self confidence to to any thing because without memory every thing is waste.
3) I learn anything very slowly than other boys. I cant retrieve any data very easily. It takes too much time. If I am able to retreive it, then it's hardly 1 %.
4) I am unable to visualise things. When I close my eyes to visualise, I see only darkness, no mental visualisation.
5) Even now I am unable to form any sentence with right words. Verbal problem is also arising.
6) Very low concentration & unable to focus on one thing. I am also feeling that I facing absent mindness.
People tell me that I am a slow minded and fit for nothing & now I am also accepting this with very sad heart.
What should i take as diet to improve memory function & what to do daily i.e exercise & mental work?
I feel that my mind got blocked & I can't share it with anyone.. I am dying from inside day by day. This problem is persisting for last 14 years. Now my age is 30 years.
If u can help me, then pls help me by effective & practical suggestion. I really need it.Doug's Reply.
Every person is born with different strengths and weaknesses. From your story, it sounds like you have more challenges than the average person. I think there are some things you can do to improve your situation.
First, you should discuss your problems with a mental health doctor. Some people have medical conditions such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) that make it difficult to concentrate. If you
have such a condition, it may be possible for your doctor to prescribe medication that can help.
Second, spend at least 15 minutes every day playing brain games. Most brain games only train the skill used in that game, so it is important to play many different games to train different parts of your brain.
The best option would be to join an online brain training service such as Lumosity
. If you don't have the money for that, then play the free brain games
on my website.
For example, to improve your ability to visualise, play the Pattern Memory
game. To improve your memory, play games like Trolley Dash
that train your short-term memory.
The Dual N-Back
game is a very important game to play. Dual N-Back is the only game ever shown to transfer to general intelligence. Playing Dual N-Back actually makes you smarter.
Third, learn to meditate
, and do it at least twice a day. Meditation strengthens the ability to concentrate. With better concentration, you may be able to remember things more easily.
Fourth, try to improve your diet by eating healthier foods. Do not drink alcohol or smoke. Drink a lot of water every day. Eat several servings of fruits and vegetables every day. (For more information see my Brain Foods
Once your brain starts to improve, learn to use memory techniques. For example, the trick to remembering names
creates a mental reminder that makes it much easier to recall the name of someone you met.
If you put all the suggestions above into daily practice, I think there is a good chance that you may see improvement.
There is no single technique or advice for strengthening the brain. Brain function is holistic. That means for best results you need to tackle your problem from many different angles.
Best of luck to you.
This is information only. It is not medical advice
, diagnosis, or treatment.