Animal Crossword Puzzle
Here's an Animal crossword puzzle, a fun way to exercise your brain. Solve it online or print it out.
To solve this crossword online, click the Small, Medium, or Large link under the picture at left. This opens the puzzle in a pop-up window.
This is an HTML5 game. It works in most browsers automatically. Crossword puzzles train memory, word skills, and logical reasoning.
Animal Crossword Puzzle Instructions
If you like this Animal crossword puzzle, check out the other word games on this site, including Hangman Classic and the free online word searches collection.
HOW TO PLAY. Using your memory and logic skills, use the provided clues to figure out the words hidden in the puzzle. The hidden words are arranged in a criss-cross grid, where the word overlap each other at common letters.
For the online version of the Animals crossword, click any row or column to highlight it and display the clue. The clue is shown at the top of the puzzle.
If you have a guess for the answer for the clue, type it in the grid. As you work on the puzzle, you can go back and change any of the words you've typed in previously.
To print the crossword to solve it on paper, click the gear icon in the upper right of the puzzle window. Then click the "Printable Version" option to display the printable crossword.
To see the full solution for the Animals crossword online, choose the "Show the Puzzle Solution" option in the gear menu.
The puzzle solution is also provided with the printable version. The solution appears on page 2.
Best of luck solving the puzzle!
Fun Facts About Animals
Here are a few interesting facts from Just Fun Facts and BestLifeOnline.com about various types of animals to put you in the mood to solve this puzzle:
- A small cave salamander, the olm, also known as "the human fish," has broken the world's record for longest-lived amphibian. This salamander has the lifespan of over 100 years.
- Flying squirrels can glide up to 90 meters (300 feet), steering with their tail, and landing on tree trunks, gripping it with all four feet.
- Snowshoe hares are accomplished swimmers. They occasionally swim across small lakes and rivers, and they have been seen entering the water in order to avoid predators.
- You might think of pigeons as… not that smart. But it turns out, they’re actually quite intelligent. In fact, one 2011 study published in the journal Science found that the birds are capable of doing math at the same level as monkeys.
- Male horses have 40 to 42 permanent teeth, while females have just 36 to 40. According to the VCA Animal Hospital, the original purpose of these extra teeth was as fighting weaponry.
- If you thought your pet cat was sleepy, just wait until you hear about koalas. According to the Australian Koala Foundation, these cuties sleep between 18 and 22 hours a day. The koalas' diets require a lot of energy to digest, which is why they've got to nap so much.
- Otters have the world's thickest fur. They’re thought to have up to one million hairs per square inch. Their fur consists of two layers and is designed to trap a layer of air next to their skin so their skin doesn’t get wet.
I enjoy solving crossword puzzles. It was a lot of fun coming up with the words and clues for this Animals crossword.
Solve puzzles like this often to give your brain a boost!
Game created using Sney2002 crossword puzzle maker. Used with Permission.
You May Also Like
If you found the page above interesting, fun, or useful, please click the "Like" and/or "Share" button below. Feel free to leave a comment as well. Thanks very much!